Saturday, August 02, 2014

Prudential London-Surrey 100




The Wayfarers and Kingston Phoenix have quite a good showing for this year's event.  Riders I know are:

Chrystal
Jake  Start 0630
Janice
Ged #22142 Start 0757 Black
Geoff #8705 Start 0730 Yellow
Mike M  Start 0747
Tim M Start 0632
Paul   #8443 Start 0700 Green
Vicky #12289 Start 0810 Green
and 
Mark #42107 Start 0652 Black   


As it's pretty certain I've missed someone out, please email me if you want to be added to the list.  I'll also add start times if people are prepared to share them - please let me know. They're spread over period of a couple of hours, but will give spectators some idea of when to expect their clubmates at various points around the course.  As a rough guide, times should be in the six to seven hours band for most people, give or take.  As I know from last year, it's pretty hard to spot a rider amongst the thousands passing, but it's much easier for riders to spot their friends.  Don't know why, but it's encouraging in any case.
The long range forecast is for showers - could be worse, and may improve - so I hope everyone has a great day.

Mark

PS:  Mike informs me that St Raphael's Hospice, for which several are riding, has a 'cheering point' at the White Hart, Hampton Wick, just next to Kingston Bridge.  The ride passes going out and back.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/8/14 12:03

    I have just seen my name on the above list. Unless this is a different Paul I'm not taking part as I will be riding the Windsor Chester Windsor 600km Audax event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a different Paul. Enjoy your ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I off 6.30 in club kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Mark for flagging all this up I hope to see all our KPRC & MWW friends on the way but doubt that I will see any! Who know's however I might meet some some knew friends on the way as no doubt I will on the CTC B'day rides in York this coming week! My only regret is that John Beer, Carolin & sister Karen will not be participating but I look forward to meeting the Hewetts & Ann Bath with Steve and many others. Whatever you do for the rest of this glorious Summer enjoy your cycling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm mildly intrigued, the route appears to go through Oxshott, yet the road is currently closed due to roadworks. Until September 1st, according to the diversion signs.

    How is that going to work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're opening the road for the ride. Putney Bridge, too.

    ReplyDelete