Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lack of Updates to the Main Website

Dear All,

A couple of months ago I suffered a catastrophic disk failure with my main PC which means that I lost the current master copy of the website, and all of the software that I had purchased to make it easier to create web pages.
It turns out that this was not my only copy of most of the information for the website, but it is taking too long for me to re-create the master copy and even longer for me to sort out the software because some of it was downloaded (and paid for!) but what was downloaded is inaccessible in the broken disk.....
It is all rather dispiriting because until I got WindowsXP everything was properly backed up, but my backup software wasn't compatible with XP and I haven't figured out what should replace it.

With most of the day-to-day stuff now done via the blog and email I have been rather dispiritly contemplating getting the PC working again with a new disk, but haven't treated it as urgent.

So please bear with me.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment