Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Sunday 15th

After “Hijacking” the club run on Saturday, I invited anyone who would care to join me for a gentle blast on Sunday Morning. Jackie and Mike joined me both complaining of tired legs. I must admit that I was grateful that they were both not feeling fresh as I had a very long and wet ride home after Saturday and “The engine room” was threatening rebellion.
We decided on a gentle ride due south looping around Leigh to end up climbing the Zigzag for a cup of tea at the Café at the top of Box Hill. Jackie, despite feeling tired was in very strong form and just rode away on all the climbs.

There we were greeted by a fine turnout from the London Dynamo who had 20 or so riders out all in club kit. Sadly we left them in disarray as one of them discovered a broken seat post as he picked his bike up for the return journey. I hope that he managed a safe and pain free ride home.

For those who were puzzled by the activity of people with Telescopes outside Horton Park on Saturday and Sunday. Well they were Twitchers (bird spotters) who had come to see a rare sighting of a pair of Waxwings. These are visiting from Scandanavia, and were feeding on berrys growing in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment