Sunday, October 01, 2006

VTTA 25 - Oct 1st - Result

Grant 1:9:31 - year best
Lisa 1:17:30
Jake 1:13:14
Ann 1:14:24

The mysterious Mr Brown is Didcot Phoenix!

So, no change to the Ladies Championship today, but I understand that Ann and Jackie are entering the Brighton Mitre 25. So Jackie needs to do a 1:9:20 to overhaul Ann and take the trophy. I think she is well capable of a time like that, but the crunch is can she manage it this late in the season.
The trophy is in Ann's favour at the moment, as she has done the rides and is there to be knocked off top spot - but someone needs to improve to do that. Jake still needs to do better than a 1:11:19 but isn't terribly excited about doing any more races this year. I've had enough (not that I'm going to take the trophy off anyone!!!) this morning my rear Ergo lever refused to change gear on my race bike, so I had to hastily swap pedals and wheels onto the lo-pro for this morning's event - something you can do without at 7 in the morning.

Anyone else ridden this weekend??

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Florence did a 1.15 something in Epsom race at Creepy Crawley. I might ride the Brighton Mitre too. See how I feel in 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete