Sunday, January 31, 2016

London West again!

I moved to Newbury last Wednesday 27th January. The process was pretty rapid, from discovering the flat to moving in took just a week. There was an urgent need for me to find alternative accommodation and opportunities are thin in the borough of Merton, in any case the area doesn't hold much attraction for me. I'm just down the road from my dad and sisters now instead of a 60 mile drive. So it's back to flatter courses and more civilised start times, and loads of club events start just down the road!                                                 Philip Burgin





6 comments:

  1. Well Philip, so disappointing to see you go but it sounds like a resignation speech to me! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to see how things work out. It could well be the opportunity to get a decent pair of track mitts! I've paid KPRC subs for this year of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Philip its not only your track mits I might be interested in, though I have a pair maybe the rest of your kit if I can shrink fit it as I have put roughly a stone on this winter and I look pregnant. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you well Philip and will see you on those flat courses going like a train. Keep in touch via forum chats. Wear your kprc kit so you stand out in the lanes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you well Philip and will see you on those flat courses going like a train. Keep in touch via forum chats. Wear your kprc kit so you stand out in the lanes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Newbury Road club have lots of good club events at least one a week.I've ridden a few. The A4 based courses west of Newbury are still pretty quick, the HCC247 (25) can be very quick on the right day must have 400 feet of gift hill.Nice place to live.

    ReplyDelete