Sunday, May 07, 2006

South Western RC Randonee

The rain held off today as a few of us had a crack at the SWRC randonee. (see their website for details)
Two routes were available 45 miles and 90.

Riding the 45 was Andrew H and Keith, athough the latter did not sign on and just went for a ride around.
The rest of us Chrystal, Grant, Paul, his Father and myself had a crack at the 90 mile distance that took us all the way to Amberly via back roads and many many hills. Sadly Grant got lost and failed to get his card signed at any of the intermediate check points. :-(

Chrystal cracked on in an early fast group (I kept getting reports about how they didn't stop at half way and rushed through each check point). I wish that I had a shorter tea stop as I missed getting the Gold standard by only 9 minutes. Oh well there is always next year.

I did not manage to get any times. So will have to be added when they are published.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment