Thursday, November 02, 2006

Guatemala



Here are 2 photos I took whilst cycling yesterday. 1 shows the gradual climb of 9 Kms to where I took the second picture of bike and my home valley in the far distance. You can see that the road surface is excellent. The only worry is of falling into a rain drain whilst wobbling slowly upwards in a very very low gear, or hurtling down at 50 to 60mph. This was only my fourth ride this year but I'm a little stronger each time out. Tomorrow I may attempt the ride to from Salama to Rabinal and back. It's just 58Kms but there's the little detail of a 10km climb to be dealt with in both directions. Fortunately here, if you get knackered, you just wait a few minutes for a bus - and I do mean a 'few' - there's 1 every 2 or 3 minutes and they cost peanuts.

I hope you are all enjoying yourselves.

Regards
Colin C

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you Colin looks a lot warmer where you are than here

    ReplyDelete