Sunday, February 14, 2010

Club Dinner 2010

Having just answered Petes comment to my blog and mentioned about carefree days of years ago, it is with much regret that it looks as if I may not be able to make the club dinner this year and if I don't, my apologies to all of whom I was looking so forward to meet again this time around.
Is is not one of those strange quirks that a spanner seems to get thrown into life at the wrong moment ? As some of you may know already, my wife Lesley was very seriously ill some 18 months ago, it has taken all this time for her recuperation process and in this time the longest I have left her on her own is about half an hour - but of recent months she is starting to feel much better and was anticipating the journey to the dinner without trepidation - half hour car journeys was all she could manage until quite recently. We were both looking forward to this dinner and it would also have been some return to normality for us - the worst of the weather seems to have passed also - all things looked good - until the latest 'spanner'. Lesley's mother, 85 yrs of age has been taken into our local hospital with respiratory problems and complications arising - a bit of a traumatic period again as you may imagine and one that has almost certainly put the kybosh on this coming weekend for us. As I was speaking to Brian on the phone late last week the uncertainty of the situation was only then becoming apparent.
The next likely meetup I can only look forward to is in the summer and the Kingston Worthing event. I do have illusions that I may get fit enough to actually take part - not having really touched the bike for the past 18 months obviously so it is going to be a hard ask !!! Compounded by my youngest son having 'nicked' my rollers to keep up at Catterick Garrison as he needs to train for his cycle squad there - what happened to the days when snow and ice didn't stop us going out on the road then?? Oh well, he'd better win something this year !
Well, if we don't make the dinner this time, there will be next year but in the meantime my best wishes on the day to you all - and you never know - the Kingston Worthing beckons . Tony.

2 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing you at the Kingston-Worthing hope you can make if only fot the breakfast
    From Pete Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony
    I would be delighted to give you a time at Worthing.

    ReplyDelete