Monday, June 28, 2010

ECCA 100

Well done all. Some good times (SCCU 50) on a toasty day.

I went up to Cambridge yesterday for a 100 mile TT. Crazy early start with the first starters off at 05:00. (I was 05:21). I set off very early and got there in plenty of time, sadly the postcode of the hq was wrong on the sheet, so I ended up with a mad rush and, after dropping a bottle on the course (to pick up half way) I reached the start with seconds to spare.

My plan was to take it steady, aiming for each 25 in 1:05, and to test nutrition for ironman in 3 weeks. Course was a smooth, fast 2 lapper, although the many people towing caravans were a real menace - not giving us any room. There were lots of signs and marshalls, although I still managed to go off course twice, which, combined with a loo break and stopping to refil my aero drinks bottle, cost me 3 mins.

Annoyingly I couldn't measure my progress as there were no signs for 25 miles or 50 miles :-( However, I came in almost exactly on target at 4:20:??

Felt better than previous efforts and was comfortable to 80+ miles. Probably should have pushed a bit more towards the end (to get sub 4:20), but I was too busy cursing about my 2nd mistake only a few miles from the end which cost me precious seconds :-)

Seriously weird to have driven to Cambridge, and done a 100 mile TT, all before 9:45 am!

S.

(Stuart)

No comments:

Post a Comment