Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bike Stickers

Recently Jake was showing me her...wait for it...bike stickers!!!, the ones that read "Dodd" with a union jack flag. A few months earlier Grant showed us his handpainted club logo on the front of his Boardman. So this got me thinking that there might be others who would like to put a name and logo on their bike. After a trawl through some forums and a browse on the web I have found a US based supplier. I emailed our logo and Holly has responded to my email and sent me some samples...and here they are:


Holly wrote "I mocked up the logo sticker at 35mm, because I think that size will work fine on bike frames, and the larger we can make the logo, the better it will print. I did simplify the logo slightly to make it print better. At 35 mm, you’d get about 300 stickers for $75. Shipping would be $7, for United States Postal Service First Class mail, which takes 10-14 days for delivery." Now I am not planning to use 300 stickers ! So do I have some interested parties? I will create a new forum discussion about this as it is easier to read and share our views. It will also be a good opportunity for more of you to sign up as forum members.

Back to the stickers....Holly has also sent me samples of name stickers to which she wrote "I am attaching a proof of two versions of name stickers, A and B. Each name would have 5 of the black background and 5 of the white. Just let me know if you like A or B better. We certainly can do a team order of name stickers for you, using your logo. I would recommend doing a 10-pack per rider with 5 stickers with a black background and 5 with a white background. The cost is $17.95 per name, but we are happy to give a 20% discount for a bulk order (or more of a discount if you have many names)."

So there you are - personalise your bike with some quality stickers.

If you want to see what else the supplier can offer they can be found here: http://www.vcgraphix.com/

Steve






5 comments:

  1. Well done Steve this is a positive move, I like A and would certainly like to go ahead with this project

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea but would prefer to Buy British especialy as the Yanks are trying to crucify BP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, I would also prefer to buy British but my trawl came up with only one British supplier and they have not responded to my enquiry. In the meantime a US business who responded quickly and edits the logo without charge has the business and why sould we penailse them ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having my name on my bike and would love to have it on my other 3 bikes. The club logo is also a must.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog,I read your article and giving useful information by you...a lot of thanks... Phoenix

    ReplyDelete