Monday, August 10, 2015

Womens 50mile club record broken

Thanks to John Beer pointing me in the direction of riding a TT on the A3 I broke the record on sunday and took over 4 mins off my best. Took the record down to 2.13.00. The weather played an important part as there was No wind throughout the whole event. The surface was newly laid tarmac unheard of in all my other races and was a joy to ride on. Traffic wasnt much of a problem at 7am. Had a very bright light on tho. Brian drove me down which was nice to have company and cheered me on around the circuit. 2 laps from Liss. Thought I was doing ok looking at my time and miles covered but hard to work out with the very fast sections followed by long drags. Didnt think I would do it till the finish appeared suddenly one slip road earlier than i thought. Never has 50 miles gone so quickly. The start was all downhill and the finish also downhill. I would recommend this course as only took us 50 minutes to get there all down the A3. Will be back next year to do a fast 25. Thats two pbs this year now. Did 1.05.29 for a 25.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Jake just read this Thursday pm in pouring rain IOW. Lousy weather may come home early, too much booze & late nights here at Cowes Week and little sailing due to bad weather. Does not bode well for a good time by me on Saturday 10 TT

    ReplyDelete