Thursday, February 25, 2016

Online Club Event Entry

OK this is another idea that I have been working on for some time, if it works it should simplify club event entry for those taking the entries, and also for those entering...
Otherwise it will go down as yet another of my stupid ideas to use the internet for the benefit of the club.

Form to enter events

See if you have entered

This form is ONLY for club events, Open events nominated as club events must be entered in the usual way to the organiser of that event. However, if this works I can do a similar form for the Open events and people can mark them as entered so that the handicapper doesn't need to wait to see a start sheet before handicapping the club event run within the Open event. (Confused? Don't worry about it)

You don't need to enter all the events at one go, you can enter as few or as many events as you want at one time, AND it will allow you to withdraw if you have made a mistake with it OR need to withdraw from an event that you thought you were going to ride. However if you withdraw after the closing date, that can be proven and will be ignored! But we will have an online record rather than relying on someone to remember a "put me down for that event" when they don't have a pen and paper handy.

I was going to list the cost of entries, but I have no idea what they are - will edit this post when someone enlightens me!

This system doesn't allow payment for club events, but most people didn't pay upfront anyway!

Have fun, give me feedback if you think this does or doesn't work and we can try to fine tune it. At the moment you can see my test submissions on the second link.

I'll put the links under the club links section to the right of this post so that you can find it easily in the future.

Lisa



---




1 comment:

  1. Wow. This works. I entered from Facebook link and confirmed on blog link. Just need Brian to look at phoenix website more often to handicap. Thanks Lisa.

    ReplyDelete