Monday, July 28, 2008

Committee matters

As the committee know, I have been over-extended this year both with the running of the SCCU 50 and also with more and more pressure at work, thus we haven't had many committee meetings this summer, and I don't have the time for one in the next few weeks.

Fortunately with Frank doing most of the work (ie running the Club Events) there is little that actually needs doing during the year, unless specifics come up to be discussed.

As it happens we have a couple of things to discuss at the moment and my plan for a short committee meeting after the 100 rather went out the window by the time I had finished.

Adding the comments into the main post:

As these things are time critical I'll put the the items to everyone:

First, those of you on Frank's email list may already have read his thoughts on the Consolation 25.
I think that the primary proposition is that we make the SCCU 25 the Club Consolation 25 and abandon the alternative that the District rearranged for us. Although we could still have a 10 on the original date of the Consolation on the G10/42. What do you all think - comment here or email Frank. But he does need a decision before 10 August otherwise we will have no event on the original date of the Consolation 25 (because the police form needs to be submitted in good time).
Brian: "For what it's worth, I say use the SCCU 25 as suggested."
Jake: "I think we should use SCCU 25 as Consolation but need 2 marshalls for it still.
I dont think many would turn up for a sunday 10 in place of Consolation."
Lisa: "There is a 25 at 8am on the H25/8 (Farnham/Alton course) that I can see being attractive to a number of our riders, rather than a 10 that morning - and even possibly over a 25 on either of the G courses."
Steve: "It would be nice if all of our club riders could be set off together (and no I don’t mean as a mass start!) say in a 30 minute period, so that we can meet up afterwards within a reasonable time span. Could this be arranged/encouraged or is this against SCCU/CTT regulations?"
Lisa: "Starting together might be arranged if we are all nice to the organiser"


2. Andy has said that he will not be running the 15 next year.
So we need a volunteer promoter if we are to continue running this event.
Anyone want to volunteer before I start asking people directly ?
Jackie has said that she will not be running the Open 10 next year either, but Jake has said that she will run it and Pete has said he will help with the paperwork (having watched fairly closely as I organised the 50!) Names of Open event organisers need to be submitted soon with the event applications.
Jake: "I am standing down as organiser of club dinner as I am taking over club 10 , so we will need someone to take over this winter!"
Lisa "bugger!"


3. Frank is proposing to have club evening 10s every week during June/July with every other week on a Tuesday if possible (the Addiscombe have first dibs on a Tuesday, for their events - but they are only alternate weeks.) Is this worth his effort?
Jake: "I would like a 10 every week, but would this thin out Phoenix numbers at each race?"
Lisa: "Personally I would have loved to have had 10s every week, some years ago: now I find that it is traumatic getting to the events from work. On the other hand, those of us that do have difficulty getting to Holmwood in time, would have more opportunities to ride, so it must be good thing"
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I am standing down as organiser of club dinner as I am taking over club 10 , so we will need someone to take over this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should use SCCU 25 as consolation but need 2 marshalls for it still.
    I would like a 10 every week , but would this thin out Phoenix numbers at each race?
    I dont think many would turn up for a sunday 10 in place of conselation.

    ReplyDelete