Sunday, August 31, 2008

Update from John Beer - Aug 31

Lisa,

I should be careful what I wish for.

I certainly got my calm day, but fog, thunderstorms and pretty cold to boot as well.
The race was an hour late starting because of fog, no sooner had that partly lifted then a thunderstorm rolled in from nowhere (fog and a thunderstorm!) It was too late to stop the race by then but in truth there was very little traffic. The roads were awash in places, it didn't rain all the time but when it did it certainly did.
It was one of those days when you have to try to keep focused, the times were all over the place, some very good ones but others who wished they hadn't bothered, a few punctures as well.
I did a 1:04:32 which I have to be happy with. Still a bit to come off of that though, I did a 10 on the same course on Thursday in 24:51 in perfect conditions (won with a 20.17).

I dread to think what the hilly 12 was like. I'm not interested in going down hill (quick) any more and absolutly not in rain like that!

SCCU 25 next week and the Bicester Millenium 25 the week after.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment