Sunday, March 22, 2015

SCCU Sporting 10 + 25 mile TT weekend

Firstly I think we should all give Robin Johnson a massive thanks for organising this event again. Each year it gets better though the 3 x 10TT course was monotonous but at least dry and not too windy! It goes without saying that we must also thank all the marshals, tea ladies (men) etc and of course the most important officials on the day, the time keepers, including the resounding and ever present - our own Frank Cubis.

The Phoenix did very well this weekend, particularly the ladies being second and 3rd fastest on both days! Below is a picture of the winner Alice Lethbridge (1:8:57), Jake (1:19:18) and Rachel (1:20:39), in today's 25.


Below Robin Johnson winner of the VETS time 65 to 69 yrs shakes hands with yours truly winner of the 70 to 74 yrs age bracket. We both got a bottle of wine and right now I am sipping a lovely Roja Gran Reserva 2007 - excellent!
I must also mention that in yesterdays 10TT Grant won the age category 75 to 79 yr old so it was a good weekend for the KPRC and also good to see a new contender coming forward to win the H/C trophy this year!

Well done to all the KPRC riders some excellent times. Alex did a fantastic ride today to take first H/C.Poor Dave Watt puncture and DNF. Simon W you must be pleased with your weekend and Steve H, it seems you eclipsed Jake today so you must be pleased with that, I know I would be! As for me well I am pleased I survived this weekend though clearly a long way to go to get my fitness back. Yesterday I beat Geraldine ( I was heart broken - no not really she just breaks my heart being such a lovely person!). However today she got her own back and took 2 minutes out of me and I was not heart broken but so glad for her! 



No comments:

Post a Comment