Monday, July 13, 2015

Worthing & Back Trasining Ride

Well what a contrast in the weather. OK we need the rain but that was the last thing I wanted on my lone ride to Worthing Sunday morning. The planned rendevu for me at the Cockerel roundabout did not take place, despite the fact that I was 2 mins early, the intrepid group of 4 lead by Jake sped through without stopping, consisting of Mat. S, Brian P, John B.
I eventually got a text from Jake to say they were already at Capel and so at 9am I set out to chase them down but failed miserably into the headwind and later quite heavy rain for the last 8 miles. By the time I arrived at 11.15am all had eaten and were ready to go but thankfully stayed on for me to breakfast.
Unless it was a mirage I think I saw Alex powering his way up north back home on the A24 at around 10.30am? Now five we set off to return home around midday having had coffee with Ron & Doreen, plus Mike A & wife + J friend. It was a much easier ride back with a more favorable wind and little rain.
Tea was taken at Tanhouse Farm but I left to go to Tim & Florence Olive birthday parties.

The ride by was not entirely event free due to a very pig headed Land Rover Driver who objected to me overtaking a family of cyclists in front going slower as he insisted to barge his way through and then at the traffic lights ahead deliberately swerved to the right and pushed me into the railing at the traffic lights.
Picture below is at Tanhouse plus the offending Landrover steer clear.



1 comment:

  1. Not sure if anyone will read this but to let you all know I have reported the incident with Red Land Rover to Sussex Police HQ in Lewes. Report logged by Sam as 555 14 July 15.
    Sam was supportive of my report of the Road Rage and said that ass it was an important Traffic Light junction there may be some CCTV footage which would be checked. Her opinion was that even though no action was taken on the day it was important to report such Road Rage as such drivers tend to repeat such actions on a frequent basis and if enough people complain then they can build up a picture! Let's see what happens!
    I reported that the incident happened at 12.30pm Sunday 12 July 2015. .

    ReplyDelete