Friday, May 25, 2012

Beare Green Island Road Woks



Rode out to inspect the ten course this morning and spoke to the workmen. They expect the work to take another 2 weeks so the 2-up 10 on Wed 30th May I assume is definitely off!

I would like to comment however that the appoach to the road works is well signed and the lane closure is gradual. There is also a 30MPH limit in place which is about the speed riders would do approaching the road works.

I understand the reluctance and indeed the concern of CTT and the club to minimise hazards in the event of a time trial but frankly with the right warning and police cooperation I feel TT could take place. The disruption and slowing down of traffic already takes place and I found no problem in proceeding through the road works on my "Fixie" this morning. There is room with care for a car and a bike to pass side by side but the delay to any vehicle would be minimal when following a racing cyclist doing 30mph.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. The 2 upp is now wed the 27th June and the Champ 10 still 13th June. You need to find a partner to ride with. Hope the road works finished by then!

    ReplyDelete