Saturday, May 19, 2012

Keith Rook Update

Barry Togood informs that Keith had a nasty fall while on this mornings MTB ride on Ashtead Common catching his pedal on a concealed protruding log causing him go over the bars. He ended up in Epsom A&E and was released home around 1pm with an upper arm fracture where he is now recuperating on pain killers. He is expected to be off the bike for some 6wks and we all wish him well.
Keith speaking from first hand experience I can understand the pain you will feel, take it easy and follow the surgeons advice on the follow-up which I expect you will get in a weeks time. Try and get them to give you physio help as I found this most important once I could start these. Elasticated band may help. They may also recommend you start taking calcium tablets. In my case they put me on Adcal-D3 1500mg chewable tablets two per day (though I only take one) along with Alendronic acid 70mg once per week.
If I can be of any help please let me know mob 07802234836. Once you have the OK turbo training with one arm can at least keep you pretty fit before venturing out on bike again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear this is bad news. poor Keith. Must phone him up. Thank you for informing us Mike and Barry.

    ReplyDelete