Friday, December 20, 2013

American Supper

The Stelvio


Thanks to all those club members who turned up to the American Supper last night and brought food along. It was a lovely evening and a nice opportunity to catch up and to meet some new people. Unfortunately, I am still none-the-wiser as to why it was an American supper? Maybe someone could enlighten me! :-)  Particular thanks to whoever brought the mini Cornish pasties which took a bit of a battering at my hands!

I had a great chat with our own Doreen Powney and it gave me a chance to talk to her about her exploits as a cyclist and keen walker. This article was on our facebook page recently and if you have a few minutes it's well worth a read. One of the cycling targets on my personal bucket list is to ride the Stelvio, well Doreen's already done it, and I bet she didn't do it on a carbon fibre bike either. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment