Sunday, April 27, 2014

Andy Pearce Brilliant Off-Road to Olympic Park

Dear Andy I have to say you did a fantastic job today and I enjoyed the ride immensely! I was amazed at the size of the Olympic venue and I marvel about what may eventually be created! So far there is little to show though what has been done looks good. I was amazed to see all the open space yet to be developed. Clearly there is a lot still to be done by the legacy committee or whatever! I was completely amazed to see that the lights from the Olympic Stadium had been taken down! Presumably footballers need different lights - what an amazing state of affairs!

The pictures below depict some of our day - I guess the most memorable was getting into the Velodrome - well done Andy, you are definitely in danger of getting the Wooden Spoon back!

Must go to bed now I have to be up early for the flight to Palma - looking forward so much to my first training week in Mallorca! Hasta la Vista!

 Clapham Common en-route!
 Rest stop before Tower Bridge! Andy an amazing route down by St. Catherine's Dock and beyond - you are a star!
 Caffe near Velodrome!
 Andy did us proud getting us into the Velodrome - Brilliant. KPRC should take advantage of what is on offer! I talked to a mother and her daughter as the were leaving the Velodrome! They were from a cycling club i n Cambridge and had booked a session with British Cycling trainers to help them develop! Brian P please look i nto it it sounds brilliant!

Sorry to lower the tone slightly but there was this gorgeous young lady riding a sinlgle speed bike which I could not help but admire! We chatted a while and she explained she was from the Wirrel in Cheshire. Her boyfriend took the photo and as they have just moved to the London area I suggested that they may like to join the KPRC. All in all it was a fantastic day out for me, 63 miles door to door and thanks again to Andy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds brilliant, I couldn't make the ride but I'd like to try the route.

    Did anyone have a Garmin running and could pass me a GPX file? Or alternatively route details the old fashioned (paper) way?

    Thanks, Rick

    ReplyDelete