Friday, April 01, 2016

HELP Disaster April Fools Joke Bike Stolen

Hi Club Mates now is the time to come to my rescue! I need to borrow a 50 to 51mm racing bike for this Sunday SCCU 25 TT. Can you believe it I went to bed at 1am on April Fools day having watched a charming film on BBC1 called  Pretty Woman and Julia Roberts really was.
On Friday morning Barbara informed me why had I left the garage door open? I imdityaly said that the BMC gone, dashed down stairs to find that the BMC & Trek MTB had been stolen. Strangely the Van Nic had been left, why? I guess it was because it had a sticker on it said it was "Bikeregister" as indeed it was courtesy of Metropolitan Police when I attended an awareness course on Sutton High St., to highlight the dangers of HGV and blind spots! The bike is etched with Ultra Violet markings giving the name and address of owner! From now on I will get all my valuable bikes on "Bikeregister"

Meanwhile here is a photo of my BMC, if anyone has the time & inclination to look out on Gumtree, eBay etc please do so. The bike was also fitted with £160 worth of Moonlite lights ready for the SCCU 25 along with Cateye computer, tri-bars etc. I hope that the insurers pay up!


The serial number of BMC is BMC Roadster ULT Frame No. HRRC1E0112

Keep a look out boys and girls on my behalf and if you read this Dave B maybe I can try your TT bike on this one occasion assuming it is not too big!?

No comments:

Post a Comment