Monday, September 07, 2009

Reply from Steve

Oh Mark what have you done - a fantastic ride !!! Well done and I must admit that I have been spoilt with the almost perfect conditions I had when I did my only 25 this season.

H25/2 you say Lisa - or the H25/8 on a Saturday afternoon? - I don't know what and where these courses are... they are just secret codes to me.

So the gauntlet has been thrown and to beat Mark I would have to beat my lifetime best (1:06:06). It can be done - if only I had been training for 25's all season!!

Oh dear... and if I don't have a go this season I would probably have to get under the hour next year to get the trophy back. That sounds like a lot of work, a ski slope course and a new bike - with a propellor on the back!

Any advice anyone?

Steve - going down the pub to drown my sorrows :-(

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/9/09 14:21

    Steve.
    I think the H 25/2 would be better for you, you'll have no trouble on the ski slope and it's a big gift.
    Much more so then the gift finish you get on the H25/8.
    I suspect that all the events on both courses from here on to the end of the season will not get full fields.
    You have to really make the most of the gift start while being aware that there is a tedious drag just after the first roundabout.Thereafter it's a flat ish quite sheltered course,grotty surface in parts.Certainly faster on most days then the G25/53.
    John B.

    ReplyDelete