Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My trip to CTC AGM-Loughborough

I took the opportunity to visit my old club mate Gordon Booty, brother of Ray first sub 4hr 100ml TT rider and lovely wife Mary both very good bike riders. Perhaps my most memorable ride against Gordon as a member of the Long Eaton Paragon CC when I was 22yrs. We were both riding in the National 100 and Gordon broke the club record with a ride of 4hrs 13mins + and some minutes later I came in and beat him by a few seconds, so we both held the club record for that year (1963). Having met Barbara, I packed in racing the next year but Gordon went on to emulate his brother and break the 4hr barrier in due time. It was great to see them again after some years in their wonderful garden in Allestree Derby. Maybe a contender for future guest of honour at the club dinner or even brother Ray?

Another highlight of my weekend was the CTC Annual Dinner and Prize Presentation. Sue Cherry secretary to Kevin Mayne CEO receives some flowers for her efforts in organising the dinner and AGM. Trust me to get in the picture!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment