Wednesday, November 07, 2012

"A" Ride 7 Nov 2012

 A
A memorable ride in more way than one. Thank goodness there was no cyclist being overtaken by this lorry around the South Holmwood Roundabout! The moral of the story never get caught on the lhs of a truck, always overtake on the rhs!
A
 

Brockham bonfire - not much left! Did anyone go?

I know that we are not supposed to self publicise but this is me with my Mark Roy Trophy which Terry had kindly bought to Cobham for me after it was engraved. Unfortunately I did not have a panier as I was travelling light on my Fixi and struggled up Ranmore! Ray however came to my rescue with a light back pack so I managed to get the trophy home!

It had been my intention to go to the Chequers at Walton on the way home as it was one of Jeff's days on, if you will excuse the expression but due to a misunderstanding between rides leader Ray & me we went to Banstead for tea instead of Fanny's Farm. My consolation at the Chequers was that I met the lovely Helen and as Jeff never turned up he missed out! The moral of the story stick with the Fixi's for they are the salt of the Earth (or was it the Dearth!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, if you pick this up it should have been posted on CTC MWW Blog - Sorry can you transfer it for me if possible!
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete