Sunday, July 13, 2014

Club BBQ and Worthing training ride

Almost a washout for the BBQ, but the rain stopped at 4.30 on the dot and never came back! Brian organised the bbqs and getting started and everyone piled in to sort salad, put things on plates, dry chairs and put out cushions. People arrived and a good time was had by all.
Lovely to see Betty, and Frank Powney.

The third attempt for Worthing training ride was a success after a wet night. Dry ride on wet roads for first half. Nice to see Sean back after his wedding used up all suns this year. Lee, Simon W, Mike M, Brian P and guest stars Mike and Tom Fricker. Blasted down to the coast in two half hours. Met up with Mike Avis and his wife who rode 5 miles to cafe. Then Doreen, Ron, David and Judy turned up. We sat outside in the sun for breakfast. Simon and Sean met up with their ladies for the day and Lee shot home up A24; leaving me, Mike, Brian, Mike and Tom to ride over the hills to Steyning, then home through the lanes. Stopped at Tanhouse farm for refreshment and back home for 4pm, 91 miles.

Fantastic day, sun all the way home.

1 comment:

  1. A good write up Jake and an enjoyable day. How do you keep so fit dropping me on the hills kike you do! Well I suppose 20yrs age advantage helps and then there's the question of my superior weight! Good to see Doreen & Ron and I must say Brian and I seem to have a similar fatigue threshold i.e. we both seem to blow-up at around 65 miles. This has always been my problem in 100 TT's. Which brings me to reflect that I have entered the SCCU 100 on 27 July, if only I could emulate Ray and beat evens which he did at the age of 81 and that's still a National VTTA record. No way is my retort I did not even do that in my recent 50TT. Good tomeet with Mick Avis again and to ride with Mike F & son Tom.
    This Wednesday the MWW go to Sussex to meet with Sussex DA. I hope that Esther is there so I may get further info on the 24hr result!

    ReplyDelete