Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Accident

Sad news today, the terror of the winter warmers Jackie Morgan-Smith has sustained a broken leg in a collision with a car near West Ewell Station. Her bike is at Fulford Road, she was taken to Epsom Hospital for treatment.

Updates:

Thursday 10:00 am
Andy writes:
"Jackie has just sent me a text. She is currently in Epsom District. Due for Operation tommorow.
I guess that she shouldn't get too much text traffic as Mobiles are supposed to be switched off in Hospitals."

Thursday 10:30 am
Lisa writes:
"I have just phoned the hospital. Jackie is in the Clinical Assessment Unit and visiting hours are 8am - 12noon & 2pm - 8pm.
I didn't ask how she was as I was asked what relation I was to the patient initially, despite only enquiring which ward and what the visiting hours are!!! Fortunately the lady I spoke to realised what she had asked while I was taking a deep breath ready to rant at her.........."


Thursday 12:30 pm
Pete has been to visit Jackie. It seems to be quite a nasty break although neither of them understand the medical details enough to give me specifics! Jackie is on pain medication and seems cheerful and fairly comfortable at the moment. Pete met her sister (he thinks!!!) at the hospital, and Jackie is O.K. for reading matter and grapes at the moment. There is occasional text contact with the outside world, despite the fact that the hospital doesn't encourage it. Pete knows where the covered bike racks are outside the hospital.

More when I have anything to post.
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment