Friday, June 27, 2008

Watch out there is a new Blogger about

As from Wednesday I joined the KPRC ( I didn't know they invited vagrants) but I still have to go thru the committee and 2day Lisa invites me to join the blog, so I have. Thank you Lisa ( I promise not to call you Louise any more and to think I have known you since the Family section days Mol & Rita etc).
Though I am not fabulous yet, I thank Frank and all the others for being so inviting and I will do my best to maintain the clubs moto "The Fabulous Phoenix"
Looking forward to good company, not so serious racing (but competitive - I'll never be another Ray Dare, he is certainly Fabulous) and most of all having a good time with men and especially ladies of like mind i.e fast!.

For the record (and I cannot actualy find a note of my best 10ml, 25ml and 50ml times) though my records are still on the Long Eaton Velo www under (Long Eaton Paragon), the following is what I remember:
10ml TT Short 23min.
25ml TT 1hr 00's
50ml TT 2hr. 00's
100ml TT 4-14-19 Club Champ (13 Nat Champ)
12hr. 253.77mls (5th Nat Championship)
All above were in 1963, the year I met Barbara (since when its been all downhill). My biggest regret was never to get under the hour!!
1962 Club Hill Climb Champion Holy Bank Ambergate 3min 33sec. (still a record - changed hill). Club Hill climb champ 1960 to1964. (where's it all gone!)
1963 Club Bar 24.236mph, Open BAR 23.o66mph
1963 BDCA District BAR Champ. 24.068mph

The above is purely for interest (for those interested) and for all those to wonder how did that fat git do such reasonable times so long ago. Answer I was only 23yrs (and a long way from my prime), 2 stone lighter (10st. 4lb) and until then had not learnt what a bad influence women can be on men!

1 comment: