Saturday, March 13, 2010

13th March sat ride

Not too cold today, I was on my new racing bike so the fast ride was very fast this week with Simon keeping the speed up at the front and me tucked in. Simon moaned I wasnt much protection when I was on the front , so I got in to race mode very low position and he moaned louder ! Good to see Brian out today. Looks like we will be going back to Burford Bridge next year as everyone seems keen. They will keep prices low again. Asking around the other clubs I think our dinner is now the most glamorous in Surrey !

2 comments:

  1. Jake! Glad to hear you have taken to young Simon, he first started with Horace me and others with SRCC around 17 or 18 yearsa of age. He was so agressive in his riding then we knew we could not keep him in our club for long. It's great to see him settling in and even better to see him complain when you put the hammer down! As for me I now have a dreadful cold caught from Millie and I feel rough so don't know when I am going to get really moving on the bike again. Lets see what the Physio says on Tuesday. I still plan to go on Easter Tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jake, unfortunately Godfrey got caught in no mans land between the brisk group and my sedate crew next time Godfrey stick with me and breath!
    From Pete m

    ReplyDelete