Monday, March 17, 2014

New layout

Some of you may notice the new layout (if you haven't, time to visit your optician!).

When I have attempted to update other layout aspects of the blogs in recent weeks blogger has asked me to update to a new 'modern' template - I did the various DA blogs a few weeks ago, and this one is the last. It's taken time because none of the templates offer the control I want, some things I could change on one template and others on a different one, but not all together, so what we have here is a compromise at the moment that attempts to use club colours and be similar to the website.

I will change it again when I have more time and can figure out how to make it look the way I want!
(Mind you the control offered by the original templates never allowed me to make it look much like our club colours...)

Also the website is going to have to move soon as well, I did an update in January but some of the links are broken and the system won't let me fix it and I can't update the points tables at the moment. Currently the site resides on the free webspace that comes with my (expensive) broadband connection. I have signed up to a hosting site and will transfer our site when I get an opportunity (and then I can move to a cheaper broadband supplier - woohoo). The http://www.kprc.org.uk address will remain unchanged, but the underlying aqvm78 pipex address will vanish. The new location will allow me to add pictures to more than just the blog, which will be good.

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Lisa for all your hard work you are doing a good job. I would love to find a n easier & quicker way of loading up pictures to the blog. I have stopped using Picasa but loading up from a file via the picture icon in the blog is very slow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like. Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new page does look good. Things looking good for the club all round this year!

    ReplyDelete