Sunday, July 07, 2013

Sussex CA 50 to be held 4th August 2013

We have the Sussex CA event as a nominated club event as I believe it is also a counting event for the SCCU BAR, however  - unless the event has been moved - I can't see that it will be possible (without a great deal of hassle) for anyone in the North of the District - or further afield - to ride this event as it clashes with the RideLondon event which uses the same route as the Olympic RR last year (I believe).

So, anyone who planned to ride this TT be aware that it will be a nightmare to get to and from - Surrey are planning on locking down much of the route of the 'ride' from 5am again.

My thought is that we should scrub it from the club event list due to this, but I haven't put it to the committee as I have only really checked it out today.

---

2 comments:

  1. Lisa if it's going to be that bad to get to then maybe we should scrub it but will it impair the riders in actual event? Maybe we should sound out members at Champ 10 & K-Worthing before deciding! What does Frank think is he time keeping?
    MHM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good idea Lisa. Well done for spotting that. Frank wont time keep a race with a 100 mile round trip for him anyway! I think we should abandon it as club event.

    ReplyDelete