Sunday, November 03, 2013

SCCU Annual Luncheon & Prizes 2013 - Rowfant


This was my first time to this lunch though I have been to similar for the VTTA at the same venue with similar meal. Above is a picture of all the prize winners present with Lisa the BAR Collator. Well done to all from the KPRC. 

Yours trully wishing I was wearing plus 4's and tweed and come part way by train and then Brompton from 3 Bridges! Quite a splendid sight. I rode my fixie from home but due to the very drawn out service & long wait for food got a lift back with Lisa to Junct.8 M25. Thanks a lot!

The President Rod Starmer congratulating all riders and officials/helpers for their efforts in promoting this years SCCU events. Ray Dare, who was there with Beryl got a particular mention for his amazing age related records this year. The president made a forward plea on behalf of Esther Carpenter for marshals and helpers at next years 24 Hr. Nat Champs which we will again be hosting. 21st/22nd June 2014 put this in your diary. Not sure what it clashes with &; I do remember what an horrendous night it was manning the village hall night stop and feeding the riders. Ann Bath won the ladies that weekend! I detect that there will not be the enthusiasm from KPRC next time I hope I am wrong and unless it turns out I have other commitments (like I'm riding) I will do my best to help. Sounds like it might class with BHF London to Brighton which I gave up years ago & it may clash with Dieppe Raid? Will have to check!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment