Monday, December 16, 2013

Mid-week chain gang ride; Any takers?

I was thinking about if there would be any interest in setting up a mid-week chain gang ride in the new year, pre-tt season?

I was going to see if I could plan out a 6-8 mile loop around the Chessington-Epsom area and use it for a one hour ish fast ride. The roads around Horton are fairly fast and open without too many junctions, plenty of roundabouts for relatively safe turns. I'd need to plan it out accurately but would there be anyone else who might see this as a useful session to set up?

What night would be best? For me Thursday.

Maybe we could have it on different nights? Just put a rider list on the forum during the week?

Routes. Any suggestions? My thinking is keeping it local so that we have not got too far to go. We can get a good session in without having to go too far from our front doors. As I said, Horton, Leatherhead Road, towards Cobham if needs be. Any other suggestions? Have a couple of different routes?

I have put a thread on the club's forum so please post any ideas there.

Cheers,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment