Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Anyone Up For The Track?

Some of you may have heard that at the last committee meeting, I raised the idea of organising a track day, most likely at Newport Velodrome.

From the enquiries I have made so far, it would appear that to make any track session practically and economically feasible the more people who are interested, the merrier. It also doesn't matter if there is some disparity in ability as the faster cyclists can go into a separate group whilst the less fast have a bit of a breather. From my experience of track sessions, you are not on the track all the time and usually find that you are glad of a rest.

So what it would be helpful to know in advance of organising anything is how many people are interested and whether there are any particular times of the year when you're unlikely to be free ie. you have a holiday booked. I'm due to have the metal work removed from my leg at the end of October which probably means I'd like to book the session some time in October or in the New Year (Jan or Feb). Would people be interested in doing a track session during any of these months? Obviously it's likely to be during a weekend.

John Capelin, who provides coaching sessions for the track at Newport, has indicated that there are free sessions available on either Sunday 7 October or Sunday 14 October between 9am and 12pm. It costs £30 each for the session but this includes bike hire and coaching. Would anyone be interested in attending one of these sessions, bearing in mind it would either involve an early morning wake up call or an overnight stay in Newport? If anyone is interested in this, we'd have to act quickly as he says that sessions get booked up quickly (whether this is sales banter, I don't know). So perhaps if anyone is interested in attending these October sessions (13 people minimum) please could you let me know within the next 7 days (11 July), which hopefully won't be too late to book the session.

JACKIE :-)

1 comment:

  1. I can't get into the blog again!

    I wanted to reply to Jackie's request for persons interested in the Track Sessions to say that although I probably would not be able to go myself due to family commitments (I'm under the thumb) but if there is anybody who has not done this they should, it is a most exhilarating experience and should not be missed.


    Tony Tugwell

    ReplyDelete