Sunday, July 29, 2007

SCCU 100

Overnight rain was discouraging and over 15 of the 70 entrants were DNS, including our Jackie.
Grant went off no. 1 on his trike - pretty much as the rain stopped - and was also the last competitor to complete the course with 6:15:14.
I was among the DNFs (the first actually!) having barely managed 15mph for the first two hours and not managing to actually "race" despite trying quite hard. I didn't fancy a second lap of the 25 course, and figured that at the speed I was going I would still be riding at the thick end of 7 hours - I couldn't face it, and it wouldn't be fair on the marshals.
Ray stormed round in 5:9:33, as a warm-up for the WLCA 100 in two week's time.

Grant will claim a club record or two with his ride, not sure about Ray yet, or even if any VTTA records were at stake......

I've been up since 4am, so I'm a bit knackered!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment