Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bike SOS

I am one of the lucky few hoping to fly to Mallorca this coming weekend. Unfortunately last Sunday, whilst out cycling with Steve, the front right gear lever snapped off my road bike.
I immediately deposited the bike at Halfords, partly as this is where it was purchased and partly being the nearest bike shop open on a Sunday.

However, Halfords have been predicably useless and unable to guarantee that the part needed will arrive in time to fix it. I was therefore wondering whether (as a back up plan) anyone would have a suitable road bike I could borrow/hire. I have a new bike bag and protective packaging and would, of course, fix any damage in the event the bike is damaged in transit.

I have already checked the main bike hire shops in Mallorca and they appear to be fully booked up.

I am approximately 5:11 in height.

2 comments:

  1. Take your bike to Majorca the part can be fixed easily at The Pro Bike Shop at Porto Pollenca 800yds from the hotel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pete.

    Actually it is panic over. I may have missed judged Halfords. They now say they ought to be able to fix the bike today. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete