Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Wanted - 2nd Marshal for SCCU 25

As part of our membership of the Southern Counties Cycling Union (SCCU) we have to provide marshals for some of the events promoted in their name. Their secretary bases this on the number of entrants in the corresponding events from the previous year so this year we need to provide 2 marshals from the KPRC for both the early season 25 (April 18th) and the September 25 (date not in front of me!).

Also I need some extra help in the 50 that I am promoting for the SCCU again this year, but at least that won't involve standing for 3 hours with your arm out on a roundabout! And all volunteers are gratefully received for the 100.

Jake has volunteered for the April 25 as one of the two marshals that we need to provide - if no one else comes forward, then I get volunteered - and Pete and I had other plans for the day.

If you volunteer sooner rather than later, the start sheet and details of the marshalling position will be emailed direct to you by the organiser, otherwise I get a paper copy sent to me to pass on...

As this is a nominated club event, ideally we need someone who is not currently racing, or who didn't plan to ride that 25. We are required to provide 2 marshals, but extra volunteers mean company or a relief while you go in the bushes. As yet I don't know the assigned place (the plum job is as a "spare" marshal - unless you are required to fill in for someone who fails to turn up on the day, you only have to get up early and can stay in the warm HQ).

Finally anyone who does volunteer would be wise to wear skiing kit or similar, it gets a bit parky standing with your arm out for 2 hours at this time of year!!!!

Hopefully
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, As I have let you down on the Open 10 I will volunteer to Marshall for the SCCU 25 on the morning after Millie's Party. I would love to arrive as a Teddy Bear to keep warm but outfit is required on Sunday for Marathon. Apart from Marshalling I am quite good at serving tea at HQ if left spare!

    ReplyDelete