Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Historic bordering on the Hysterical

Bogged down by the rain which I know Jake will enjoy I rummaged through my old club website Long Eaton Paragon CC to reminisce over some old times. Go to www.lepcc.co.uk and concentrate on the vintage year of 1962/63 when I was 21yrs and just coming into form. Never could get under the hour but won the club 25 Hdcp with 58.34 + 2.22 hdcp = actual 1hr. 00m. 56s. Note Brian the handicapping was very refined in those days! My best 50 time is not recorded but was an Open "50" on the A1 Bawtry course and was also a long 2hr.00m. oo's time. Ten time also not recorded but was a short 23min. 12hr, 100ml and BAR results recorded.

My best event was the Hillclimb and Oh how I wish I could climb hills today like Frank still does!
Talking about Hill Climbing I note from the CTT Handbook that indeed Chris Boardman, Manchester Wheelers was Nat. Champ from 1998 to 1991, four years on the trott, then followed by Stuart Dangerfield Leo CC. Who said Boardman could not climb Hills?

Any more Hysterical anecdotes or daft times to report not on kprc website?

No comments:

Post a Comment