Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Marshalls Required - 5th September

The Kingston Phoenix are required to provide 2 marshals for the SCCU 25 on the 5th September.

At the moment I have no idea what jobs we will be assigned, although not all "marshalling" jobs actually require you to stand at a roundabout with your arm out (though most do!!!), as there are many jobs to be done on the day of the event for which the organiser needs assistance.

If anyone is new to marshalling we can give guidance on what is expected.

If I have names in advance, I can give your details to the organiser who will send you start and result sheets - and details of where you need to be and at what time for the event - direct to your door.

If our assigned job is on a roundabout it will be more fun if there are extra volunteers, as that gives you a chance to talk to someone instead of just semaphore-ing your team-mate across the RAB.

It's no good everyone taking a step back, because I am about all marshalled-out this year and am not prepared to be the backup in case we don't have anyone come forward.

If we can't find volunteers for this then we will have to consider withdrawing from the SCCU, after more years than I can remember, which will mean that no one in the Phoenix will be able to ride the April and September 25s, nor qualify for the BAR - and by the way, Jake is the prime candidate to win the SCCU Ladies BAR this year if she manages a moderate ride in this event.

Many of you have helped in the afternoon events that the Phoenix have promoted during the year, but those who have been out to the early events on our behalf have been limited:

Jake & Mike for the April 25;

Lisa, Pete & Andy A for the 50;

Lisa, Pete, Frank, Judy, Ron & Doreen for the 100;

Ray for the Anerley 50 (also an SCCU counting event, even though it was the VTTA that got him to marshal because it's a VTTA counting event too!).


Not to mention all of Frank's early mornings this year timekeeping...


Ideally I need the names of the volunteers by August 22nd so that I can notify the organiser, preferably comment on this post, or else email me.

Thanks,

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Lisa put me down as a reserve to marshall, that is if I don't enter the event which I may do! I shall be also marshalling/riding the FNRttC on 3/9/10, so hope to be awake enough by Sunday morning. I note that this event plus Grants trike 12 hr is down on our list as December, no doubt a "typo" Note I shall be on CTC BR Cornwall 19 to 25 Aug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mike, so we have a reserve who has already marshalled once this year...

    The date should now be fixed on the "who's entering what" spreadsheet - Google and I keep having a slight mis-understanding over dates: it prefers the American format of month-day-year even though I keep telling it to use the British format of day-month-year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Lisa,I am unable to marshall as will be on holiday for a week commencing the 4th Sept.Wish you luck for the sake of all racing members.

    Ray

    ReplyDelete