Monday, August 06, 2012

SCCU 100 Result

 


Please excuse me for congratulating those KPRC riders who did brilliant rides. Simon T won the H/C by a mile and Stuart be did a 4.hr 11min actual time. According to our president I was almost the strongets man holding up the whole of the field barring number 4 who I just managed to beat. Closer analysis of the result sheet shows that despite my very poor time I actually beat Stuart by 4 secs on H/C so thats not so bad! Closer scrutiny seems to show that despite Worthing Excelsior getting 2nd,4th and 24th fastest on H/C they were not so consistent as the KPRC with 1st, 11th & 12th on H/C beating Worthing by 25mins. No prizes for that though just a little nonsense to be amused by (or not!).

My personal biggest thanks go to Jake & Linda for cheering me on it was great to get the applause as I went round and especialy to Lisa for riding anti-clock round the last finishing circuit & encouraging me not to pack. Like last year I was almost on evens for 60 miles but then blew big time to finaly average 17.7mph. Even that would not have been possible if it were not for the PSP 22 energy drink that Brian P handed me up on the last legs, it was like rocket fuel and gave me a real boost. If I ride another 100TT I must get some. My normal diet of wine and F&S the night B4 maybe does'nt help and probably I need more than 4hrs sleep!
Posted by Picasa

Edit - Actual Results:
Rob Pelham      3:54:59 - Lewes Wanderers, Fastest
Stuart Pearce   4:11:06
Simon Trehearn  4:41:03
Mike Morley     5:40:00
Brian Powney    DNF

Thomas Fricker  4:41:41 - Farnham RC
Simon won the Hcp by 16 mins with a 3:05 - bet he doesn't manage that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment