Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mallorca 2015

Thanks to Steve Hillier for organising the transport from Palma airport to Porta Pollenza. Thanks even more so to Angie for collecting the money to pay the driver and make the arrangements for the return journey. 6 took their own bikes and it worked out at Euro 9 per person each way.
Many including Peter Southworth and myself hired new carbon bikes from  2Gocycling.com and it all worked well.
My own situation was to take it easy still recovering from my lung infection but the warm weather did me good. In all I did 460km in the 6 days including the Al Callobra and the Formentor light house. Unusually for me I took few photo's including the usual self promotion with the local talent.

I again entered the Mountain Hillclimb organised by Garry Smith, I was number 6 and the third man off as riders 1,2,3 DNS. As usual Garry Dodd won the men's and a delightful young lady Megan won the ladies. Only two riders passed me before the finish, firstly Russel Williams rider No. 14 (who for some reason did not get a time?) and Megan rider No.20. I suspect I was the fastest rider over 70 yrs 9probably the only) but sadly did not get a prize! So I bought a bottle of Spanish Champagne - Carva and shared it with Andy, Mel and brother Mike & wife Sarah who all helped me surmount the Al Callobra on the Thursday.

Here are a selection of photo's including Bradley Wiggins TT bike he rode to win in London in 2014







No comments:

Post a Comment