Sunday, April 03, 2016

Dorking Elevenses - An alternative cafe by a fishing lake

Nick and I cycled out to Henfold Lakes a couple of weeks ago to see if there was any sign of the cafe being rebuilt. Alas it is in the same state as it was after the fire last year. There is a caravan serving drinks and bites but there is not much seating and no view of the lake. So I did some googling for other fishing lakes in the area and came across Bury Hill Fisheries, about a mile west of Dorking. Although the name to me suggests a commercial fish producer it is in fact several fishing lakes with a clubhouse and cafe. Nick and I ventured out there today and there was not a cyclist in sight. I asked if cyclists would be welcome en masse and we would. At weekends they open before 8 in the morning and close at 1245, so it is perfect for elevenses. For other days you might like to call them to check opening times: 01306-877540




No comments:

Post a Comment