Sunday, January 10, 2010

Do you have any plans to ride in 2010?

I've been thinking - a phrase that you really don't want to hear from 'er indoors !

Wouldn't it be nice to know what rides we are all planning to do this year? I don't mean the evening 10's (because they are usually well attended) but open events whether they be time trials or sportives. If we had a way of viewing all of our plans on a single summary sheet we could consider travelling together, request closer start times to enable us to meet after the event, encourage another rider or two to attend to make a team and most importantly create a stronger club.

Well after a short time of looking at youtube tutorials re google docs, I have found a way of doing this by using a web based spreadsheet in the same way that Lisa has been doing for years with the results and tables.

I have started by setting out my plans in the following link and I would be very pleased if you could add your planned rides to this. In order to do this you need to email me at steve@kprc.org.uk so that I can add you to the list of editors. You will then receive an email back from me inviting you to open the spreadsheet. In the next few weeks I hope to get this set up on the KPRC website for all to see.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=t7HGJmsRva60xl33C_k2NFA&single=true&gid=0&output=html


I also plan to prepare a list of local sportives to encourage some of us to get some early season miles in.

Finally could you post a comment to let me know your thoughts - good or bad. It would also give us an indication of how many members read the blog.

Happy new year

Steve

7 comments:

  1. Every journey starts with the first step a good idea Steve it deserves a following

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to say that I have received emails from Ann Bath and John Beer (who has now added his rides). As with many of us Ann will be publishing her choices when she has obtained a handbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea , I will sign up when race book comes through.
    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, Sounds like a great idea, I will sign up for this when I get your e-mail reply to mine. Good thinking and may you go swifter (or even faster) in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Steve, a good idea which would bring more club members together as in the old days.
    Having looked at the fixed wheel contest through the years that Lisa has kindly reproduced with the Calleva event of 1952 and assoiated Steve Morris account,it could also be a good idea to add this to your Sportive events as a separate challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve, sounds like a great idea. I'll send you my dates once I have picked up a copy of the CTT handbook.

    ReplyDelete